Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Poetry

Author's Note: I wrote a collection of poems for one of my goals. I actually had a lot of fun putting these together because I normally don't write a lot of poems so it was fun to experiment. These poems share the similarities of ending with a depressing tone. I tried to make these poems so that anyone could relate to it. Personally, I relate to each of these in specific ways, can you?

Waiting For the Future
Near in the future,
The wind breathes warmth.
Where the flowers are blooming,
And the grass is rising.
When the children are laughing,
And smiles are beaming.

Though for now we are stuck,
With our feet sticky in the mud.
Washed into the silence of daily life.
Dark clouds haunt mornings,
While tears streak windows.
All we can do is wait.
Until the storms clear,
Until our heads are straight,
Until right meets wrong,
All we can do is wait.

 
Don't Return
Warm wind brushes my cheek,
Though, you see, each day is unique.
Some days it's pouring,
Leaving me in mourning.
Some days there's sunshine,
Leaving all the pain behind.
But either way I go,
I always know,
Its return is near,
Now I'm here,
All in fear.


It Was Clear
Clear and there.
If you ask me,
That’s what I saw.
Broad as daylight.
Arising from the dust,
We all made it.
We were right there,
So close,
I thought I was grabbing it.
But somewhere in time,
Those last ticks on the clock,
My hands became too sweaty,
I slipped.
Finger by finger,
My grip loosened,
And loosened,
Until all I arrived for,
Was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment